License to Carry PREPARATION Class
Prior to taking the License to Carry Training Course for certification, the applicant should be safe and proficient with the firearm. If the applicant is not experienced or has not received prior training, we recommend the License to Carry PREPARATION Class. The objective of this class is to get you prepared to take and pass a License to Carry Training Course. We will cover what can be done before an LTC class, targets and scoring, firearm safety, and basics of handgun operation. We will also shoot a practice shooting proficiency.
What You’ll Learn:
Essential gun safety rules
- Different types of pistols and which one is best for you
- The basics of ammunition
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Different shooting positions
- The most common shooting errors
- Proper gun cleaning and maintenance
- How to maintain your skills
What to Bring:
- Current Texas Driver’s License or state issued identification
- Pen & Paper for notes
- Firearm (.22 caliber or greater) and 50 rounds of ammunition specific to your firearm. (Ammo & firearm not included unless the paid in the tuition).
Items Included In Your Tuition:
- Class time in our comfortable classroom, or at a location of your own.
- Assistance with application process.
- Range time and instruction for shooting Proficiency & Target. (Ammo & firearm not included unless paid in the tuition).
Group Discounts are available.
Classes can be taught at your site (pending local laws and restrictions). Group size and travel distance from D’Hanis, Texas may affect the course prices.
Any questions regarding this class can be sent to email@example.com and you will normally receive a reply within 24 hours.